We’re proud to have more than 13,000 alums around the world changing the world around them. This year, we welcomed 697 new graduates to the Alumni Association, and we want to keep up with all the amazing things you are doing.
As an alum, you are always part of the Cumberland family, and we hope you’ll stay in touch and come visit campus often. Here are just a few ways to stay connected with the university as an alumni.
- Update your contact information. Visit cumberland.edu/alumni and update your contact information so we can let you know about exciting campus events and news.
- Join the 1842 Society, our alumni giving society, to give back to current and future CU students as well as for engagement opportunities with other alums.
- Attend alumni events. We host multiple events for alumni throughout the year and we’d love for you to join us. Make sure you update your alumni profile so that we can let you know when events are happening. We even have a new CU Family Book Club you can participate in virtually.
- Share your story with us. We’re always looking for alumni to spotlight, feel free to fill out this form and let us know how Cumberland has helped you succeed.
- Join the Alumni Board of Directors. If you want to hold a leadership position in the Alumni Board, consider applying for a Board of Directors position and make your impact on the alumni association.
- Become a mentor to current CU students. Our CU Mentor Program matches alumni like you with current students with similar academic interests. Leave your mark on the future generation by passing along your skills and expertise to a current student.
- Support Cumberland Alumni-Owned Businesses. Many of our alumni have started their own businesses and we love to support their entrepreneurial spirit. You can find a full list of our Alumni-Owned Businesses here.
- Nominate a deserving alum for the annual alumni awards. Each year at commencement we honor successful alumni with prestigious awards including the Distinguished Alumni Award, Rising Phoenix Award and Award of Excellence. Keep an eye on your email in the spring for the nomination form!
- Hire current students and alums for internships and jobs. If you’re in a position to hire interns or employees, contact the Office of Career Services at CU to find students and alumni currently looking for positions.
- Speak to classes of current students. Our faculty are always looking for subject experts to guest speak in classes and at events and they love hearing from alums. Stay in contact with your professors and the Office of Advancement and Alumni for opportunities to engage current students.
- Recommend a Future Phoenix. Cumberland is always looking for the best and brightest students. If you know a high school student that you think would make a great Phoenix, reach out to the Office of Admissions and let them know!
- Show your Phoenix Pride. Check out our CU Shop and stock up on CU attire to represent your university wherever you go.
- Make a donation to impact current students. Make a donation to any area or department on campus that you are most passionate about to help enhance the CU experience for current and future students.
- Keep up with what’s happening at CU. Each semester, we send out our Phoenix Rising magazine digitally. Make sure your contact information is up-to-date and read and share the Phoenix Rising each semester. View Phoenix Rising, and all of CU’s publications here.
- Visit campus. We love welcoming alumni back to campus! Make sure your contact information is up-to-date so you can know about upcoming events and feel free to stop by the Catron Alumni House whenever you’re on or around campus.
For more information on anything alumni, you can reach out to Courtney Vick at email@example.com. Please let us know how we can better serve you!