Membership & Services
Membership with the Cumberland Culinary Center is open to Tennessee-based farmers, specialty food producers and suppliers. In order to rent space in the commercial kitchen, farmers must supply proof of liability insurance and be listed on the Pick Tennessee Products (www.picktnproducts.org) website. Specialty food producers who want to use the kitchen rental services must provide documentation in the following areas: proof of liability insurance, sales tax certificate, and at least one person from the company must be certified in Food Safety training from an accredited agency such as the Tennessee Department of Agriculture or the University of Tennessee-Knoxville.
Farmers may use the kitchen rental services for the preparation of produce for market readiness.
Qualified Companies will be allowed to rent the kitchen facilities once their application has been approved for an hourly rate and will be supervised by the Cumberland Culinary Center Kitchen Manager. Companies need to handle their own procurement and bring raw materials to the Center.
The utilization of the facility is defined on this link.
Baking & Candy Products
Producing baked products is not offered at our facility, however we suggest you contact Irene Bradley or Melissa Roby with The Platform at The Cooks’ Kitchen for possible solutions
Tennessee Department of Agriculture/PickTN Program
Tennessee based companies which produce products at the Cumberland Culinary Center are also eligible to be part of the Pick Tennessee Program, a great way to promote your business. To access the application please follow this link.
Initially, this service will be a limited offering for both raw materials and finished goods.
The Center will provide the following for all users of the Center:
- Scheduling utilization of the Center
- Inventory control for finished goods
- Facility (Center) liability insurance
- Records management for all testing and product retention
- Food and equipment safety training
- Adherence to all Good Manufacturing Processes as identified by UT Knoxville, Food and Science Department
- FDA requirements of 21CFR108.25(f), 113.10 and 114 and the TN Secretary of Agriculture requirements of 9CFR318.310 and 381.310
In the event that a company cannot comply with the parameters of doing business with the Center, the Center shall have the right to refuse providing services.
*Product Readiness applies to Kitchen Rental:
- Formularies which are defined as weighted recipes for product production
- Raw ingredients identified by source and UPC (ingredients and packaging material)
- Previous control information (fill temperature, pH, aW, equilibrium pH)
- Lab analysis (optional)
- Approved process documentation
- FDA registration for acidified foods