2 years tuition free » Easily transition to 4-year program
Tennessee Promise students from across the state are choosing Cumberland University over community colleges. They are drawn to our unique campus environment, numerous resources that connect students to careers, and outstanding university professors. Cumberland's Tenn » 2 » 4 program makes transitioning from an associate degree program to one of our baccalaureate degree programs seamless and simple.
Cumberland University and the Tennessee Promise scholarship allow students to earn a 2-year associate degree, tuition free. Cumberland also makes it easy for you to transition directly into a 4-year baccalaureate degree program.
Once a student has earned an associate degree they are automatically admitted into a baccalaureate degree program at Cumberland University.
Why Tennessee Promise at Cumberland University?
Cumberland offers an excellent education. When people think of Cumberland University, they think about a community that has a reputation for transforming learners into leaders. CU is a contemporary liberal arts university focused on creating leaders that are ready to advance any field of their choosing. We foster a culture of entrepreneurial thinking and are dedicated to helping you discover possibilities that extend beyond the imagination.
Our graduates are prepared for successful careers in fields like nursing, business, criminal justice, and education to name a few. A Cumberland education will help you rise and succeed throughout your career and life.
Support to Succeed
- The Office of Student Retention and TN Promise Support sends TN Promise reminders to ensure students meet important deadlines and requirements.
- Help students identify community service opportunities to meet TN Promise requirements.
- Assistance for transitioning from an Associate degree program to a Bachelor’s degree program.
- Frequent email and text communication to ensure students know what resources are available to help them succeed.
- Referrals to tutoring, Counseling and Disability Services, and the Writing Center, when needed.
- Personalized academic counseling sessions, such as time management or study skills, upon request.
- In addition, the Office of Student Retention works to assist both dual-enrollment and undergraduate students.
The Office of Student Retention and TN Promise Support is located on campus in the Learning and Career Commons, in rooms 205 and 212. Schedule a visit or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply to Cumberland University.
Starting October 1
Complete your FAFSA application. The FAFSA is your first stepfor receiving monetary assistance for your entire college career. File your 2019-2020 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. Make certain to have your FAFSA sent to Cumberland University. School code: 003485
By November 1
Apply to the Tennessee Promise program.
By February 1
FAFSA application deadline.
File your 2019-2020 FAFSA at www.fafsa.gov. Make certain to have your FAFSA sent to Cumberland University. School code: 003485
Complete and report first 8 hours of community service.
Last day to take the ACT. Make certain to have your scores sent to Cumberland University. School code: 3954