The mission of the Business Administration program is to educate students coming from diverse backgrounds in the fundamental skills, knowledge, and practice of general business in order to prepare them for managerial, professional, or administrative positions in service and/or manufacturing industries as well as to pursue entrepreneurial career opportunities or advanced degrees in business or related disciplines.
The mission of the Marketing program is to provide students a strong foundation in general business content and a specialized focus in Business to Business (B2B) and Business to Consumer (B2C) marketing content through experiential learning as well as to equip students for meaningful contributions within their business careers.Within the coursework, students will engage in creative thought, critical thinking, and real world case study involvement. Graduates of the marketing program will be highly capable of achieving their professional goals while meeting the needs, wants, and desires of employers, customers, and society.
The mission of the Accounting program is to provide students a strong foundation in general business content and a specialized focus in financial accounting, managerial accounting, tax, and auditing, thus preparing graduates to accept an entry level position in accounting or to attend graduate school.
The mission of the Associate of Arts in Business program is to educate students coming from diverse backgrounds in the fundamental skills, knowledge, and practice of general business to prepare them for entry-level administrative positions, the pursuit of entrepreneurial career opportunities, or continued education toward a bachelor’s degree in business or related disciplines.
– 20% projected job growth by 2026 (reported by the Bureau of Labor Statistics)
– Example Coursework: Health Care Leadership and Management, Communication and Professionalism in Health Care, Health Information Systems
– Students have held internships at: Sumner Regional Medical Center (Gallatin); Tennova Healthcare – Lebanon (Lebanon); TriStar Summit Medical Center (Hermitage); Nashville Oncology Associates (Nashville) -Members of ACHE Higher Education Network
– Accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
– Average class size: 7-15 students
– Program offers a Guest lecturer series which brings industry experts into the classroom to share experience, knowledge and lessons-learned
– Connect with top industry executives serving a variety of healthcare industry sectors
– Students are encouraged to apply for Student Associate status with the American College of Healthcare Executives
– Careers: Social & Community Support, Training & Development, Manager, Health Insurance Specialist, Human Resource Manager, Hospital CEO
In this program you will learn core business concepts paired with industry specific topics in hospital management, finance, informatics, general communication, and leadership. You’ll receive all the benefits of a top liberal arts education and develop valuable skills with experiential internship opportunities.
– Favorite courses: Principles of Management, Organizational Theory, Organizational Structure & Behavior
– Delta Mu Delta
– ACBSP Accredited
– Internships: HCA, Chamber of Commerce, Historic Lebanon Preservation
– Events: Round Table and Business Networking opportunities throughout the year
In this program you’ll activate your leadership and problem solving skills. You’ll learn how to present your ideas effectively and develop business and marketing plans. You’ll study business policy, international business, logistics and manufacturing to prepare you to manage people, processes and information.
“This degree examines all aspects of management and leadership. It’s helped me grow as a leader and focus my career goals. I’m excited to pursue my MBA at CU.” -Alex Landis, Class of 2019