Phoenix Marching Band Auditions Schedule dates & outline process
Official Marching Band audition date April 14th, 2021 at 10:00am. Auditions can also be scheduled by appointment if you cannot make the official date. Please email email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org to schedule an audition. Audition process and requirements:
- 1 Prepared piece of your choosing (can be mid-state or all-state audition pieces)
- Please have all 12 major scales ready for audition
- 2 Sight-reading examples of varying difficulty will be provided
Color Guard Auditions
Color Guard Auditions dates – April 1st and May 28th, 2019. Audition process and requirements:
- Arrive wearing appropriate workout attire that allows you to spin, maneuver and march.
- Demonstrate flag fundamentals such as drop spins, double time spins, single tosses, double time toss, 45 toss and a horizontal toss. If you need clarification on any of these fundamentals contact Jadea Sanford.
- A one to two minute flag routine using “family friendly” music that demonstrates one’s dance and flag abilities. Routines are judged on technique, body control, overall performance and showmanship.
- Candidates interested in demonstrating rifle or sabre skills should prepare similarly to the flag preparations on the weapons. Everyone must audition on flag. Rifle and sabre auditions are voluntary.
- Candidates are asked to bring their own equipment however, if you have a need, contact us and we can make arrangements for you to use ours while you are here.