Cumberland University is committed to providing the best possible on-campus learning experience while simultaneously implementing measures to limit the exposure to the virus. In a university setting, several factors combine to make it unlikely that transmission of COVID-19 can be eliminated while engaged in typical campus activities.
Everyone must be committed to act responsibly, remain agile in handling an ever-changing environment and do our best to manage risk. The university’s primary goal will be to keep our students, faculty, and staff safe while delivering an outstanding educational experience.
The following guidelines have been developed by the university as a roadmap to keep our campus community safe. This plan may be revised as needed based on the COVID-19 pandemic, CDC and state and local guidelines.
On campus health services are available at 311 West Spring Street, Lebanon, TN 37087, Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Cleaning and Disinfection
Cumberland University will routinely clean and disinfect all public spaces on campus including but not limited to academic buildings, athletic facilities, residence hall common areas, dining and student facilities and offices. The university will follow CDC guidance on cleaning and disinfection practices. Hand sanitizing stations and face coverings will be available across campus.
How to Protect Yourself
Practicing good personal hygiene is one of the best ways to protect yourself and others against COVID-19. To best protect our campus community, we are encouraging all to:
- Wear a mask at your own discretion.
- Wash your hands frequently: Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds and avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Use hand sanitizer: If soap and water are not readily available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol. Hand sanitizing stations will be available around campus.
- Cover coughs and sneezes: Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue, or the inside of your elbow and wash your hands immediately with soap and water for at least 20 seconds
- Clean and disinfect: Clean and disinfect frequently touched areas in your home or office. While the university will routinely clean and disinfect public areas on campus, make sure to disinfect private spaces, such as your residence hall room or off-campus house.
- Monitor your symptoms daily: Pay attention to any new symptoms that develop and stay home, away from others if you are experiencing symptoms. Contact university health services to report the onset of symptoms, or for medical guidance.
- Respect others: Some members of the Cumberland community may take additional precautions, please be respectful of others’ wishes as it pertains to their personal safety.