LPN to BSN
Advance your career in as few as 4 semesters in Cumberland University’s unique LPN to BSN pathway designed specifically for licensed practical nurses (LPN) to earn a Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) by leveraging the knowledge and skills they have already gained through practice.
*length of program is dependent upon the number of prerequisites already completed
Advance your knowledge and skills
Courses will supplement what LPNs have learned in the field in preparation for a career as a Bachelor’s prepared nurse (BSN). Students begin taking nursing courses in the first semester, along with the necessary prerequisite classes, making our program different from other options.
- Flexible with both full-time and part-time options.
- Hybrid nursing courses with asynchronous online learning modules. Other learning will take place during clinicals in hospitals throughout Wilson, Davidson, Putnam, Rutherford and Sumner.
- Credit awarded for knowledge gained from student’s LPN program.
- Official transcripts from ALL colleges and universities attended
- Nursing Candidacy Application (includes 500-word essay and letter of recommendation)
- ATI TEAS Entrance Exam scores
- High School Transcript (if not transferring in more than 30 hours from a regionally accredited institution)
Be one of the 24 students in Cumberland's inaugural class
- First, apply to Cumberland University
- Then, submit a separate application to the LPN to BSN program
Limited private and federal scholarships are available. Financial aid opportunities are discussed on a case by case basis.
Contact us. We're here to help.
For more information, contact Program Director and Associate Professor of Nursing Dr. Beth Chatham at firstname.lastname@example.org and (615) 547-1360.