In the Event of an Emergency
Your partnership with the University is key to our security and emergency preparedness. When contacting emergency assistance, you should share the following information:
- Provide your name, location, and phone number.
- Describe what is happening or has taken place.
- Stay on the line until all possible information is conveyed.
How Updates are Sent and Made Available
- CU Text Alerts - Through the Cumberland Mobile App
- Cumberland University email system
- Follow the University on Facebook and/or Twitter
- Information will be posted to the University website
- Information will be shared with local media when available
Important Phone Numbers
- Cumberland University - 800-476-0562
- Campus Security - 615-476-3061
- Lebanon City Police - 615-443-2323
- Wilson County Sheriff - 615-444-1412
- Tennova / Formerly University Medical Center - 615-444-8262
This site is intended to provide pertinent information to the Cumberland University community about what to do in advance of, during, and following an emergency. In the event of an emergency the campus community will be notified through a variety of mechanisms.
In the event of a confirmed campus emergency that is in progress or an event that may present an immediate threat to the safety and security of community the University will activate the CUALERTS notification system.
Messages are immediately sent to the entire campus community via the Cumberland Mobile App. Additional communication and information updates may include email, public address systems, or postings/updates to the Cumberland University web page. Registration is free and strongly encouraged but not mandatory, available on the App Store or Google Play, search Cumberland University.