Code of Conduct
The staff of Cumberland University Student Financial Aid Office is committed to the highest standards of professional conduct. As financial aid professionals, we follow the code of conduct established by the National Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (NASFAA). We invite you to contact us if you have any questions.
NASFAA Code of Conduct for Institutional Financial Aid Professionals
- Refrain from taking any action for his or her personal benefit.
- Refrain from taking any action he or she believes is contrary to law, regulation or the best interests of the students and parents he or she serves.
- Ensure that the information he or she provides is accurate, unbiased and does not reflect any preference arising from actual or potential personal gain.
- Be objective in making decisions and advising his or her institution regarding relationships with any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.
- Refrain from soliciting or accepting anything other than nominal value from any entity (other than an institution of higher education or a government entity such as the U.S. Department of Education) involved in the making, holding, consolidating or processing of any student loans, including anything of value (including reimbursement of expenses) for serving on an advisory body or as part of a training activity of or sponsored by any such entity.
- Disclose to his or her institution, in such manner as his or her institution may prescribe, any involvement with or interest in any entity involved in any aspect of student financial aid.