Almost every student attending Cumberland receives some form of financial aid. Some you have to pay back, but others are outright free. You have to re-apply for most loans and grants every year – it’s not a one-time process.
Also, don’t think of scholarships as something you can only get as an incoming freshman. Cumberland offers a full variety of scholarships available to sophomores, juniors, specific majors, community-based awards – it’s quite a long list.
Office hours for the Financial Aid Office are Monday through Friday from 8 a.m. until 4:30 p.m. If you need help navigating the process, contact the Financial Aid Office during regular business hours at – 615.547.1399 locally or 800.467.0562, ext. 1399 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Mission of the Financial Aid Office is to provide financial services to current and prospective students and to encourage each member of a diverse student body to achieve his or her educational goals. Through the use of a student-centered environment, we strive to help students and their families seek, obtain and make the best use of all financial resources available.
- Provide courteous and efficient service to students, families, faculty and staff through the use of quality outreach and customer service excellence.
- Assist qualified students in meeting their educational goals through effective and efficient utilization of all financial resources.
- Administer all student financial assistance awarded to ensure equity and consistency in the delivery of funds to students while complying with Federal, State and Institutional regulations and guidelines.
- Further the University's retention efforts through participation in a variety of service activities involving students, families, faculty, staff and members of the community.
- Stimulate and promote valuable work experiences beneficial to the student, University and the community.
Applying for Financial Aid
"How am I going to pay for college?" It's a question you may have been asking yourself as of late. Although financing a college education may appear to be a daunting task, there are many resources to help you and your parents. One of the best ways to reach your goal is to ask as many questions as possible. Taking the time to ask questions now may save you money in the future.
Cumberland University offers a variety of scholarships to assist students in completing their degree. From endowments to grants, multiple scholarship opportunities are available.