In This Section:
- Residence Life
- Why "Residence Hall" and not "Dorm?"
- The Residency Requirement
- Mission Statement
- Room and Board Prices
- Residence Life Application
- Residence Halls
- Residence Life Staff
- Resident Assistant Jobs
- Important Dates for Residence Life
- Residence Hall Policies, Procedures and Structure
- Room Selection Process
- Linens Program
- Student ID Card
Room and Board Prices
Room and Board Prices for 2013-2014
- Standard Room & Board - $3,500 a semester (Edward Potter Hall, Justing Potter Hall)
- Enhanced Room & Board - $3,700 a semester (South Hall)
- Private Room & Board - $3,800 a semester (Commons Village I, Commons Village II)
When space is available, Residence Life may offer students living in double rooms by themselves the option to buy-out the remaining portion of their room as a private and not have a roommate. The price for this buy-out is $500 per semester. Spaces available for this option will not be known until after the first two weeks of each semester.
Commuter Meal Plan Rates for 2013-2014
Cumberland University offers several meal plan options for commuter students. These options are designed to help those on tight budgets.
- Block Party 75 – 75 meals per semester (averages 5 per week) - $507
- Block Party 45 – 45 meals per semester (averages 3 per week) - $305
- Block Party 30 – 30 meals per semester (averages 2 per week) - $213
Dining Dollars Rates for 2013-2014
Any student can add Dining Dollars to their account at any given time throughout the semester. Dining Dollars can be spent in any Chartwells location on campus. Dining Dollars can be added to any student account in increments of $50 in the Business Office.
Please note that Dining Dollars do not rollover to the next semester and must be spent by the final meal period of the current semester.