Dr. Melissa Anne Sweeney became an online instructor at Cumberland University Fall of 2013. In 2001, at age 25 Melissa decided to pursue her educational goals and started college. She worked full time and attended Emmanuel College’s Business Program. She fully understands the importance of time management when juggling school, work and a family. Melissa sincerely wants to encourage students that their academic goals are attainable!
Prior to returning to school to pursue her doctorate she worked at Thermo Electron, located in Santa Fe, NM as the International Sales Coordinator. She conducted background research for the sales team regarding the country they would be selling products to prior to entry, working closely with the United Kingdom, Germany, Brazil, Japan and Hong Kong.
In Melissa’s free time she volunteers at Faith Equinox Rescue and Metropolitan Ministries.
Areas of Expertise
• Employee training programs
• Independent consultant hired to determine gap and create balance amongst teams.
• Business administration protocols, successful team building skills throughout organizations, productivity leadership, global leadership and economic models.
• Cross-training protocols, diverse cultural leadership trends and their importance for a corporation's success.
DBA, International Business
B.S., Business Management
2010 – 11-Global edition of, Noe's International Human Resource Management, College Textbook, McGraw-Hill
2010 – 11-Global edition of, Noe's International Human Resource Management, Instructors Manual, McGraw-Hill
Volunteer Groups and Affiliations
• Faith Equine Rescue
• Laugh for Our Troops
• Animal Friends Adoption Rescue Counselor
• Metropolitan Ministries, Tampa, FL
Online Courses Taught
MGT 364 Organizational Structure and Behavior