In This Section:
- Health Professions
- Bachelor of Science in Athletic Training
- Health and Human Performance - with emphasis in Sport Management
- Health Care Administration
- Health and Human Performance - with emphasis in Physical Education & Health
- Health and Human Performance - Sport & Exercise Science
- Master of Sport & Exercise Science
- Nursing and Health Professions Minors
Health and Human Performance - with emphasis in Physical Education & Health
Mission Statement: The mission of the Health and Human Performance Program (HHP) is to educate individuals to become baccalaureate or master’s prepared, competent professionals in sport management, sport and exercise science, and physical education.
The physical education and health emphasis, leading to a K-12 Tennessee teaching license, provides the fundamental understanding of the development and analysis of motor behavior, science of bodily movement, and the art of teaching physical education and health.
Requirements for Praxis II for the Tennessee State Teaching Licensure: i. Physical Education: Content and Design (Test Code: 5095) ii. Principles of Learning and Teaching