Cumberland University to host 2011 International Saito Conducting Workshop
Cumberland University will host the 2011 International Saito Conductors Workshop (Sunday July 10-17, 2011). The workshop will be held on the beautiful campus of Cumberland University, in Lebanon, Tennessee, just 35 miles east of Nashville.
We are privileged to have Maestro Wayne Toews as our instructor. Maestro Toews is a dynamic conductor and pedagogue who studied the technique in Japan. He is passionate about this unique methodology, and has been instrumental in working with conductors in the United States and Canada for over 35 years.
This is an unprecedented opportunity for band, choral and orchestral conductors, and particularly for those of us in Tennessee.
- Learn an actual conducting methodology used by some of the world’s great conductors
- Acquire skills to maximize your ensemble’s response
- Develop absolute clarity in your conducting gestures
- Solve conducting problems by using “Saito” techniques
- Course limited to 20 participants for maximum podium time
- Undergraduate/Graduate university credit available (additional fees apply)
- 45-50 hours of instruction
For more information, click here.