In This Section:
CU Cycling Hosts Film Premier, Silent Auction TONIGHT
When the Cumberland University Cycling Team hosts the premier of filmmaker Scott Coady's Tour Baby Deux! on Monday, Feb. 4 at 6 p.m. in CU's Baird Chapel, an array of top-notch items will be up for grabs as part of a silent auction benefiting the Davis Phinney Foundation and Collegiate Cycling, according to CU Cycling Coach and Team Director Tim Hall.
"We've got a lot of great items for the silent auction," Hall said. "We hope everyone will come out to see Scott Coady's new documentary and to support the Davis Phinney Foundation and Collegiate Cycling."
Items up for bid as part of the silent auction include:
- A Davis Phinney Foundation jersey signed by Davis Phinney
- A NashvilleCyclist.com jersey signed by Tom Danielson of Slipstream/Chipotle
- An autographed copy of Chris Carmichael's book, "Five Essentials For a Winning Life"
- A Tour Baby Deux! movie poster signed by the Cumberland University Cycling Team
- An official Cumberland University Cycling team kit, jersey and bib short
- A two-hour training ride with the CU Cycling team
- A two-hour, personal training ride with CU Coach Tim Hall
- One month of coaching and training plan design from CU Coach Tim Hall
- Many, many more!
Tour Baby Deux! offers a behind-the-scenes look at the 2005 Tour de France and Lance Armstrong's final victory. As part of the film premier at Cumberland, Coady will emcee the event. In the film, Coady lives every cycling fan's dream by following the entire 2005 Tour de France from start to finish, filming all the craziness in this hilarious and intimate look at the Tour.
"This event represents a wonderfully rare opportunity for area cyclists and movie enthusiasts to view Scott's film, but most importantly, it will help raise money for the Davis Phinney Foundation while promoting CU Cycling," Hall said. "It's going to be a fun-filled evening you will not want to miss."
The mission of the Davis Phinney Foundation is to improve the lives of people living with Parkinson's disease.
Admission for the film premier and silent auction is $20. Students will be admitted for $15. Doors open at 6 p.m., and the film will begin at 7 p.m.
To purchase tickets online for the Collegiate Tour Baby, please visit http://www.collegiatetourbaby.com/nashville.html.
For more details about the film tour and fundraiser, please visit http://www.collegiatetourbaby.com.
For more information about the Davis Phinney Foundation, please visit http://www.davisphinneyfoundation.org.
To see a trailer for the film, movie poster or for more information about Tour Baby Deux!, please visit http://www.thetourbaby.com.