In This Section:
- TEP Handbook and Requirements
- School of Humanities, Education and the Arts
- Vision, Mission, Purpose & Goals
- Teacher Licensure
- Programs that Lead to Teacher Licensure
- Teacher Training Program Effectiveness Report Card
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
Teacher Training Program Effectiveness Report Card
Educator Preparation Programs Overview
2014 Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training Programs
Click here to view report card
Cumberland University is a private, four year institution of higher education and a member of the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School. Cumberland University has twenty-two approved teacher education programs.
- Cumberland University had 103 program completers and an average final GPA above the state average for 2010-2011 program completers.
- Program completers perform at the same level as veteran teachers and other beginning teachers following areas:
- 4th-8th grade: Math, Reading/Language, Science, Social Studies and TCAP composite scores
- High School: End of Course Exam composite scores
- Traditionally licensed program completers are more effective than other beginning teachers in 4th-8th grades: Science and high school End of Course exam composite scores.
- Cumberland's program completers teaching 4th-8th grade Social Studies have more completers in the least effective percentile as compared to beginning teacher performance distributions across the state.
|Group||Number taking tests||Number passing tests||Pass rate (%)|
|All program completers, 2012-13||38||38||100|
|All program completers, 2011-12||32||30||94|
|All program completers, 2010-11||35||33||94|