In This Section:
- TEP Handbook and Requirements
- School of Humanities, Education and the Arts
- Vision, Mission, Purpose & Goals
- Teacher Licensure
- Programs that Lead to Teacher Licensure
- Teacher Training Program Effectiveness Report Card
- Master of Arts in Teaching
- Master of Arts in Education
- Master of Education in Instructional Leadership
Teacher Training Program Effectiveness Report Card
Cumberland University Overview
2012 Report Card on the Effectiveness of Teacher Training Programs
Cumberland University is a private, four year institution of higher education and a member of the Tennessee Independent Colleges and Universities Association. The university is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and School. Cumberland University has twenty-two approved teacher education programs.
- Cumberland University had 103 program completers and an average final GPA above the state average for 2010-2011 program completers.
- Program completers perform at the same level as veteran teachers and other beginning teachers following areas:
- 4th-8th grade: Math, Reading/Language, Science, Social Studies and TCAP composite scores
- High School: End of Course Exam composite scores
- Traditionally licensed program completers are more effective than other beginning teachers in 4th-8th grades: Science and high school End of Course exam composite scores.
- Cumberland's program completers teaching 4th-8th grade Social Studies have more completers in the least effective percentile as compared to beginning teacher performance distributions across the state.
|Group||Number taking tests||Number passing tests||Pass rate (%)|
|All program completers, 2012-13||38||38||100|
|All program completers, 2011-12||32||30||94|
|All program completers, 2010-11||35||33||94|