A Haunted Homecoming
Homecoming at Cumberland University will be especially spirited this year as it arrives during Halloween week, culminating in a Saturday Mid-South Conference clash on Halloween day between the Bulldogs and the Bethel University Wildcats at 12:00 p.m.
This year's Homecoming theme, "A Haunted Homecoming," captures the spooky spirit of the season while celebrating many of Cumberland's longstanding traditions. Plans are already underway for student, alumni and community events as well as a special reunion for the Classes of 1964, 1965, 1966, 1967, and 1968. For specific details on our special reunion activities please visit http://www.cumberland.edu/reunion/index.
The following is a general schedule of events for homecoming week. Some times may still be updated.
Thursday, October 29
- 2:00 p.m. - CU Connect Event featuring alumnus Dr. Jim Kerley ('66) discussing "Light Your Fire" in Dallas Floyd Recreation Center.
- 6:00 p.m. - Student Life Annual CU Fall Fest on Memorial Lawn. Open to the community for trick or treating activities. (birth to elementary age children)
- 6:30 p.m. - "Coat and Tie Dinner" for Classes of 1964 - 1968 in Phillips Dining Hall in memory of Dr. Ernest Stockton, former President of Cumberland University.
Friday, October 30
- 6:30 p.m. - Sports Hall of Fame in Baird Chapel (Tickets: $25 per person. Contact Jo Jo Freeman at (615) 547-1350 to purchase tickets.)
- 7:30 p.m. - Alumni Party on the Patio for all alumni class years on the Catron Alumni House Patio featuring music, new and old friends, free hors d'oeuvres, two drink tickets, and cash bar.
Saturday, October 31
- 9:00 a.m. - Alumni Meet & Greet Coffee for Greek alumni and Student actives in the Labry Hall Atrium.
- 9:30 a.m. - Brunch for the Classes of 1964 - 1968 at the President's Home.
- 10:30 a.m. - Tailgating outside of Nokes-Lasater Field featuring fun photos, inflatables, and more.
- 12:00 p.m. - Cumberland Bulldogs vs. Bethel Wildcats and recognition of the Classes of 1964 - 1968 as well as the introduction of the 2015 Homecoming Queen and court.
For more information about Homecoming activities or assistance on planning an alumni class year or affinity group reunion, please contact Jonathon Hawkins, Executive Director for Development & Alumni Relations, at (615) 547-1239 or firstname.lastname@example.org.