Greek Affairs works to promote a cohesive community that values civic and social responsibility, mutual respect, and the growth and development of organizations and their members. These organizations include 5 fraternities and 3 sororities. Joining a chapter affords students a multitude of opportunities to get ahead. We are committed to help people reach their full potential and become successful after college life.
Check out the tabs below for additional resources and other important information. Can't find what you are looking for? Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will contact you shortly.
Greek Affairs advises these student organizations:
- The All Greek Council
- The Panhellenic Association (Panhel)
- Gamma Sigma Alpha Greek Honor Society
Each fraternity and sorority is self-governing. Each organization manages its own operations and maintenance, and develops its academic, social, membership, recreational, external policies and programs. These organizations provide a unique experience in leadership, community planning, and group interactions.
How To Join
If you are interested in joining a fraternity or sorority, there are several general requirements. Specific fraternities or sororities may have additional standards, like a higher GPA requirement, for example.
You’re eligible to join a fraternity or sorority at Cumberland if:
- You are a high school graduate. Unfortunately, dual enrollment students are not eligible.
- You have to be a full-time student.
- You maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 2.5. If you are a first-semester freshman, we use your high school GPA to determine eligibility.
- Academic standing requirements differ between the organizations. Questions about a certain organizations requirements should be directed to the individual organization or Greek Affairs.