In This Section:
The current funding priorities for Cumberland University are in four primary areas. Click on a category below to learn more.
The Fund for Cumberland
Since 1842, Cumberland University has been leading, inspiring, and making a positive impact on our campus, in our communities and around the world. Resources, in addition to tuition and fees are always needed to continue this impact, carry out new ideas and help our students achieve great successes. This means supporting our students with scholarships, quality academic programs, student centered opportunities, and state of the art technology and facilities. These things attract students to Cumberland...and help them succeed while here. The Fund for Cumberland is important in helping meet students' needs today, which allows us to continue the university's impact into future years.
The Fund for Cumberland is a vital source of expendable support that can be made and spent within one fiscal year. Gifts to the fund:
- Support areas of greatest need such as providing financial aid for deserving students and enhancing academic and student life;
- Attract and retain first-rate faculty in each department;
- Renovate our classrooms and laboratories to maximize our students' learning experience;
- Keep our residence halls comfortable and safe;
- Renew subscriptions to scholarly journals, and keep our library up-to-date with information our students need to support their education experience;
- Keep the campus vans rolling, the lights in the classroom glowing, the heat in the residence halls pumping, and meet many other essential needs that make the Cumberland experience possible.
Simply put, The Fund for Cumberland impacts virtually everything on campus. See a current departmental "Wish List" here.
For more information about The Fund for Cumberland, please contact the Office of Advancement at (615) 547-1269 or donate online.
Additional scholarships, endowed and annual, are needed for both traditional and non-traditional students in all majors. Special emphasis will be given to scholarships for students wishing to enroll in summer classes and second degree seeking students. Goal: $1,000,000
Facilities and Equipment
Community Center and Café
The Community Center and Café is a $3.2 million project that will define a new state-of-the-art campus center serving Cumberland students and the Wilson County Community. The Center's 14,000 square foot design and function promises that it will be a destination gathering place for students and faculty, as well as, business and civic groups. More than $1.5 million has already been committed to the project. Remaining Goal: $1,700,000
Maintaining and enhancing the quality of the University's academic programs requires the addition of new equipment and enhanced instructional technology. Goal: $2,000,000
New and Enhanced Academic Programs
To keep pace with the every-changing landscape of the job market, Cumberland will continue to add new and innovative degree programs and professional studies that will best prepare our students for successful careers after graduation. The primary cost involved to accomplish this goal is the recruitment and hiring of additional faculty and staff to manage the new programs. Goal: $1,500,000