Office of Communications
The Office of Communications helps to preserve the image of Cumberland University. Among many responsibilities, our team manages the content of the University's official web and Internet presence, publications, the release of University news and the use of Cumberland's name.
We also work as partners to provide a variety of communications services to the campus community. We are committed to helping create communications that engage and inform various audiences and that promote the excellence of Cumberland University. Our in-depth knowledge of the University and communications strategy enables us to help shape messages so they are best understood by their intended audiences. We are a creative office that is proficient at problem solving and generating high quality products. It is our goal to work with you to create the best possible materials to show all of the great qualities of our University and departments.
Some tips on how to assure that your project goes as quickly and smoothly as possible:
- Allow enough planning time and be clear about your final deadline need, and project objectives.
- For printed pieces, have your copy for the piece completed.
- If photos are needed, provide them with your project or request specifically what type of photos you are seeking. We are happy to arrange custom photography, but please note this can add time to the production process.
- When a draft is provided, proof carefully and provide all feedback and suggestions as quickly as possible, preferably within 24 hours.
- Be honest and specific when providing corrections or comments. You will not offend us if you do not like a design, photo selection, or piece layout.
- Please understand that we cannot always accommodate every project requested, however, we will make every effort to come up with or suggest an alternate solution.
- Book your job as soon as possible: