In This Section:
All graduates are invited to lunch on Friday, May 10 at 11:30 am in Phillips Dining Hall. Graduation rehearsal is scheduled for 1:00 pm, in the Dallas Floyd Gymnasium. This session will last about 90 minutes. At rehearsal, you confirm that your name is pronounced correctly, locate where your seat is for the line up and gather an understanding of the flow of the ceremony.
During the ceremony each graduate will be presented a diploma cover. Graduates will receive diplomas by mail. Diplomas will be mailed approximately six weeks after graduation.
All lots are open for general parking for the commencement ceremony, except for the lot behind Memorial Hall. This lot will be reserved for University officials and special needs parking, and entrance to this lot will require a parking pass. If you have a guest with Special Needs, please complete the Special Services Request Form. Additional parking is available at St. Francis Cabrini Catholic church on South Tarver. Campus staff will be available the day of commencement to assist with parking needs. Click here to see a campus map.
Photography is permitted by families and guests; however, individuals should only take photographs from the designated photography areas or guests seats, please keep all aisles clear. The University will have a professional photographer from GradImages™ to take pictures during the ceremony of each graduate as they receive their diploma from President Eaton and another photo with their diploma individually. A set of color proofs will be mailed to each graduate at their home address the following week. Registering with GradImages™ ; provides them with the information that they need to deliver your graduation proofs to you in a timely manner. Giving them an accurate mailing address and email address will allow them to get your proofs to you on the first try. You may also provide them with email addresses of up to six friends and family members to allow them to celebrate in the accomplishment. So register now! www.gradimages.com.
A decision will be made by 12:00 noon on Friday, May 10 if the Cumberland University’s 169th Commencement Ceremony will be conducted in the Dallas Floyd Gymnasium. Click here for details concerning the rain plan.
If a person in your party requires any special services, please complete the Special Services Request Form, no later than Friday, April 19. Anyone whose guests require special seating or disability parking must complete the request form, requests made after April 19 may not be able to be accommodated. Tickets will be issued to admit the guest and one additional person accompanying that individual for special reserved seating and/or parking.
All undergraduates are required to attend the Commencement ceremony. Attendance exceptions will be made by the Dean of the appropriate school or the Dean’s Council only in cases of extreme extenuating circumstances. If you anticipate such a situation, which will prevent you from attending, you must file a Waiver of Attendance Request form by April 18 for permission to graduate in absentia. Graduate students are not required but are encouraged to attend the Commencement Ceremony. Any students planning to not attend must complete the Waiver of Attendance Request form prior to April 1.
Restrooms are located in Phillips Dining Hall and Dallas Floyd Recreation Center adjacent to the graduation ceremony.
Finalizing Cumberland Accounts Important Information from the Business and Student Financial Services Offices
- If you have any pending financial aid i.e.; loans, scholarships, etc. these need to be received by Cumberland before your account is considered paid in full. It is your responsibility to make sure all financial aid has been received by the University. All financial aid should be received by April 1, 2013.
- An updated billing statement will be mailed to your billing address on March 15, 2013, if your account has a balance due. Please review your billing statement to verify that you have received all your financial aid and you do not have an outstanding balance.
- If you owe a balance, please come by the business office to pay your account by April 20, 2013. If your balance is not paid in full, your diploma will be held and no transcripts will be released.
- If you are currently on the FACTS payment plan, please check to see when you final payment is being deducted. Your final payment must be received in April for you to receive your diploma in May. Please contact the business office if you need to make the payment directly or change your payment date.
- Federal regulations require that ALL students who have received a Federal Perkins loan while attending Cumberland University complete a loan exit interview. You will be contacted by the Business Office to arrange a time for your exit interview. Students who do not complete the loan exit process will not receive their diploma until the proper exit interview is complete.
- Federal regulations require that ALL students who have received a Federal Stafford loan while attending Cumberland University complete a loan exit interview. All exits must be completed by April 15th online. Students who do not complete the loan exit process will not receive their diploma until their online exit is completed at an exit session. Students who do not complete the loan exit process will not receive their diploma until their online exit is completed at an exit session.
- Go to www.studentloans.gov and complete the exit counseling which can be found under the Tools and Resources tab. In order to complete this process you will need your federal PIN number used to sign your FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). If you cannot remember your PIN you may request a duplicate one at www.pin.ed.gov.
- Once you have completed the exit counseling you will be provided with a confirmation page. You will need to provide a copy of the confirmation page along with the "Exit Interview Additional Information" form, which is attached to this email, to the Student Financial Services Office no later than April 15, 2013.