The Cumberland University Alumni Association annually seeks and accepts nominations for Outstanding Professional Achievement, Service to Community/Cumberland and Young Alumni Awards. The selection is made from nominees who have distinguished themselves by obtaining a high level of service and recognition in the area for which the nomination is made.
Recipient Selection Criteria:
- Nominations are considered for three consecutive years beginning with the year of nomination.
- Young Alumni Award nominees must be under the age of 40 at the time of nomination.
- Must hold an earned degree from Cumberland University.
- Previous recipients are not eligible for consideration.
- Current members of the Board of Trust, Board of Directors for the CU Alumni Asscociation or employees of the CU Advancement Office are not eligible for consideration.
- Persons currently holding or running for elected state or federal public office in Tennessee are not eligible for consideration.
It is the nominator's responsibility to confirm the nominee meets the above criteria.
Nomination and Selection Procedures:
Conferring of Awards:
- Nomination required. Nominees must be living at the time of their nomination.
- Nominations must be submitted on nomination forms supplied by the CU Alumni Association.
- Self-nominations will not be considered.
- Nomination forms can be submitted at any time. They must be completed in their entirety and postmarked by June 30. Any nominations received after this date will be carried to the following year's nominations.
- Prior to final selection, supporting documentation will be required to be submitted upon request from select nominees.
- The CU Alumni Association Awards committee reviews all nominations and presents the final slate for awards candidates to be voted on by the full Board of Directors.
Click here to download a paper application
- The President of the CU Alumni Association will announce award recipients at the homecoming football game each fall.