In This Section:
Determination of type and amount of financial assistance will be made by the Director of Student Financial Services. This determination will take into consideration the applicant's need as established by need analysis and the programs for which the applicant qualifies.
- Students whose financial aid files are complete before the priority deadline of February 1 will be given priority over those applying after that date.
- Qualified applicants receive notice of their award by the Cumberland University Financial Aid Award Letter. Financial assistance is awarded for the entire academic year, but is subject to recession if a student fails to meet eligibility criteria for the second semester of the award year.
- Students may accept or decline the different sources which encompass their financial aid package. For those who decline any portion, the University will not replace the source with monies from other programs.
- Financial aid awards are not credited to the student's account until the student enrolls for the semester(s) for which the award has been made.
- Awards of Federal and state monies are subject to funding by the government.
- Students who receive Federal money and withdraw from the University may be required to repay part of the Title IV monies. Refer to the University Refund Policy for more information.
- Financial aid is typically awarded on an academic year basis. Cumberland University defines an academic year as 32 weeks consisting of a fall and spring semester. Institutional aid is only available during the academic year. Student wishing to enroll in classes during a summer semester should check with the Student Financial Services office to determine eligibility for any federal or state financial aid, including student loans.