In This Section:
Cumberland University Accreditation Statement
Cumberland University is chartered by the State of Tennessee and is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award the associate, the baccalaureate and the master's degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404.679.4500 for questions about the accreditation of Cumberland University.
The School of Education and Public Service at Cumberland University is accredited by the National Council for Accreditation of Teacher Education (NCATE), www.ncate.org. This accreditation covers initial teacher preparation programs and/or advanced educator preparation programs at the University.
- All undergraduate and graduate teacher preparation programs are approved by the Tennessee Department of Education.
- The Bachelor of Science in Nursing degree program has full approval from the Tennessee Board of Nursing and is accredited to offer the baccalaureate degree by the National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission.
- The Athletic Training Education Program (ATEP) is accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Athletic Training Education (CAATE).
- The Labry School of Business and Technology is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Business Schools & Programs (ACBSP) in both its undergraduate and graduate programs.
- Cumberland University is authorized to offer professional continuing education for accountants by the Board of Accountancy of the State of Tennessee.